CNCF’s primary giving tool is called the CNCF Donor Advised Giving Fund, which is similar in many ways to private foundations except that it is much simpler to create and manage.
The CNCF Giving Fund allows donors to make a contribution now and immediately receive a charitable receipt. Monies can be distributed right away or take as much time as you wish to consider your grants to other registered charities.
- Open your CNCF Giving Fund today by filling out a short application form or by contacting us for a printed copy. It’s fast and easy to complete.
- Give your Giving Fund a name.
- Make an initial contribution of at least $25,000 or more in cash or assets. CNCF will issue a donation receipt for your gift at year-end or immediately if you make that request.
- Your contribution will be invested into an interest earning account where it will grow tax-free or you may choose to work with your own financial advisor.
- You may recommend grants from your fund to any number of charities of your choice at any time, as long as it’s at least $250. CNCF sends out the cheques for you. Cheques may even be sent anonymously if you like.
- You, or others, may make additional contributions to your fund at any time and a donation receipt will be issued to the donor
- Give assets besides cash – CNCF will consider the acceptance and liquidation of many types of assets – from cash and stocks to real estate, business interests, and securities
- Give pass through gifts of appreciated securities, which can provide tremendous extra benefits to both the donor and the charity.