There are many benefits for churches and smaller ministries that choose to work with The Canadian National Christian Foundation (CNCF). With CNCF behind your church or ministry, you can easily establish a Giving Fund (similar to an endowment fund) that serves as a foundation-like entity to support your work now and into the future.
- Accept gifts of appreciated securities, real estate, registered investment accounts (RRSP, RRIF), life insurance proceeds and other non-cash assets from your supporters.
- Recommend distributions from your Fund back to your church or ministry, or even to other charities.
- Strengthen relationships with your supporters by opening up new and innovative ways of giving.
- Accomplish all of this without adding overhead or staff.
Consider a partnership that will serve your donors, encouraging them to seek creative and innovative ways to continue their giving to God’s work through your organization both while they live and after their death.
Building a Legacy
While most charities and ministries focus the majority of their fundraising and donor development resources on securing gifts for their current work, there is wisdom in looking towards the future as well. Many older charities in North America have modelled this wisdom in the establishment of endowments, or legacy funds. They now enjoy the rich benefits that time and wisdom affords.
Generating new funding for your organization may begin with opening a CNCF Giving Fund. This Fund is much like having your own church or ministry foundation. It is simple to create and it enables you to accept not only cash and publicly traded securities but also non-liquid assets that you may not be able to receive now.
Your supporters can contribute “innovative gifts” such as real estate and business interests – and generally receive immediate tax deductions while realizing significant tax benefits. CNCF receives, manages, and liquidates these gifts for you, placing the net proceeds into your organization’s CNCF Legacy Fund – from which you can recommend distributions back to your ministry.
Here are some of the benefits of having such a Giving Fund in place:
- A steady stream of income is ensured each year.
- Expert investment professionals manage your fund, with low fees.Your donors can contribute directly to your legacy fund, even anonymously if they wish.
- Your donors can leave bequests and legacy gifts to your fund, offering them a sense of comfort and choice.
- CNCF will issue immediate tax receipts to your donors.
- CNCF will provide all adminstrative and CRA requirements.
- You have access to CNCF’s experience.
“Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.” I Timothy 6:17