The Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Discuss Charitable Giving With Your Clients
Research conducted by The Philanthropic Initiative (TPI) with professional advisors on their motivations for, and methods of providing advice about philanthropy, revealed some reasons for discussing philanthropy with clients. As Christian advisors, our calling is even more direct.
- It’s Biblical.
- It’s good for society, it’s good for your community, it’s good for your clients, it’s good for your business, and it’s good for you.
- Discussing philanthropy and stewardship with your clients should be done unobtrusively, in a way that respects their privacy, values, and autonomy. You are among the best positioned to initiate and engage your client in these conversations.
- By expanding the menu of services offered to your clients, you build confidence and increase levels of satisfaction with you and your professional services.
- Your areas of expertise as a professional advisor are personally broadened.
- The potential for new referrals is enhanced, opening the door to many new clients.
- You effectively connect your chosen profession with a personal desire to do something good for your community.
- Through your efforts, the work of God’s kingdom here on earth is supported and expanded – an enduring legacy of real benefit to future generations.
- You become part of a supportive network of like-minded colleagues who are willing to voluntarily share their time and expertise.
- With practice, confidence and experience, you will find it easy to do.